Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas - A day later

I hope that you all had a very wonderful and Merry Christmas surrounded by family, friends and loved ones. I especially know that we did and my toddler had so much fun. It was the greatest joy to see the look in his eyes when he saw Santa had come to his house (granted he has no idea or concept of Santa yet)! As a mother, this was in fact my best Christmas yet. Watching my son was the greatest joy and him knowing he was surrounded by love and his family was even greater. I spent my day thanking God for the family that I have and for the joys and the love of motherhood. I had been waiting for days and couldn't sleep at all Christmas Eve night because I was so excited to get up with my son the next morning (you would have thought I was the 2 year old in the house). And Christmas morning was so cute. He honestly didn't even know anything was any different in the house. He just ran straight for "da-da" and Dot (she is his Dachshund). I absolutely love the innocence of children.

I also know the importance of Christmas is not gifts and that it is about the birth of Christ. What a wonderful story that is and what a wonderful day we had to celebrate his birth with our loved ones and family and friends. We have been so blessed and we all hope you and your's have been as well.

One of the biggest blessings I have had this year is getting involved with Reece's Rainbow. It has been something that has touched me so deeply in my heart. And honestly I am still not sure why I have felt the *need* to help these babies find their forever homes by helping to raise awareness for them and advocate for sweet Benji. I truly believe I have become different through this for the good. I feel good about this and I continue to feel the need to help. Every night we go to bed with pray for Benji, Oscar (the boy my sister advocates for) and all the other AT babies that they will soon find their forever homes and that each night their mommy and daddy can tuck them in and tell them how much they love them. We pray by next Christmas these little ones will be with their families and that their families will find them so they too can celebrate Christmas and the birth of Christ. Please continue to pray for all the AT babies in hopes that we can all pull together and help to find their families. Awareness is such a big part. Please help us spread the word by sharing.

Also, don't forget about the Kindle Fire giveaway. The rules are listed below or on my sister's blog here. Just donate to Benji or Oscar and be sure to comment and let us know you did or share. And thank you so much, we are forever greatful that you have helped in any way!

May God bless you and your's in this holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment